Books I've read

Demetra's books

Daughter of Smoke & Bone
Divergent
Magic Study
Darklight
Poison Study
Angels' Blood
Dreams of Gods & Monsters
Days of Blood & Starlight
Sinner
Νυχτερινοί Ψίθυροι
Forever
The Divide
The Power
The Captive
The Initiation
Linger
Between the Spark and the Burn
Daughter of Smoke & Bone
Facing Facts
Belonging


Demetra's favorite books »

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Grisha Trilogy: Ruin and Rising (Book #3) by Leigh Bardugo


The capital has fallen. 

The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne. 

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army. 

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots who worship her as a Saint. Yet her plans lie elsewhere, with the hunt for the elusive firebird and the hope that an outlaw prince still survives. 

Alina will have to forge new alliances and put aside old rivalries as she and Mal race to find the last of Morozova's amplifiers. But as she begins to unravel the Darkling's secrets, she reveals a past that will forever alter her understanding of the bond they share and the power she wields. The firebird is the one thing that stands between Ravka and destruction—and claiming it could cost Alina the very future she’s fighting for.

My Rating: 1.0/5 
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, YA


I abandoned it on page: 111 of 417 - 27 %

Reading Progress:


QUICK NOTE:



I have read the first quarter of this book and I am properly spoiled for the ending, so I decided to just read the part about the Darkling's background story and go to bed. I think I've had enough horrors with Alina's point of view, and my "Grisha" reading marathon is officially over. Maybe someday I'll recover from the trauma Siege and Storm caused me, and decide to find out how Alina resolved her wonderful love quartet. 


PS: I give it 1 star because I liked the overworn Idea of the underground maze of tunnels and Alina's new haircolor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: If you don't have a google account, you can always email me at demetra.is.blogging@gmail.com and leave me a private comment. Comments that are irrelevant to the subject of the post will not be published.